This is an advanced clan lab course designed for first responders who may encounter a clandestine laboratory operation manufacturing compounds that are explosive or highly toxic. This high-hazard course covers assessment, identification, and hazards involved with clandestine laboratories where explosives or toxics are being produced. The course explores the following topics:
- Synthesis of explosives and toxics
- Household products and other materials used to make various deadly compounds
- Toxicology of the products and reagents
- Assessment of the laboratory
- Chemical and RAD dispersal devices
- Processing the scene
- Site control
- Chemical suicides
- Personal protective equipment
- Field instruments used to assess explosives and toxics labs
- Use of drones as a terrorist attack method
Clandestine laboratories can be complex and typically contain many different types of hazards. First responders should be aware of other non-narcotic syntheses that are being utilized by underground chemists today. Course participants will gain hands-on experience using the different types of field instruments needed to properly assess these high-hazard labs. Students completing this course will receive a certificate of completion.
Group rates available please call 1-800-NES-ADVISE.
1141 Sibley Street
Folsom, CA 95630