Who Should Attend:
Facility Managers or staff responsible for implementing a facility Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
Facilities that have moved to a Risk Level 1, as defined in the California Industrial General Permit (IGP)
A Qualified Industrial Storm Water Practitioner (QISP) is a person (either the Discharger or a person designated by the Discharger) who has completed a State Water Board-sponsored or approved QISP training course. Upon successful completion of the course, the State Water Board will issue a QISP identification number. NES will provide the 1 day in-person training.
The Water Board will provide a 2 day on-line module of the QISP course and NES will provide a Certified Trainer of Record (ToR) to present the 1 day in-person QISP training module, as required by the IGP.
Current Process to Obtain a QISP Certification:
- QISP training will consist of online (approximately 16 hours) and in-person (1 day at NES) QISP modules.
- Students will register and pay a $475 fee to complete the online training at the following: https://www.owp.csus.edu/stormwater-training/igp/
- Students will complete the online training module and take an online mid-term exam at the end of the online course.
- Students will then be eligible to attend a one (1) day in-person training with an IGP ToR (NES) after passing the online midterm.
- Students will attend a 1 day in-person training class with NES. ($245)
- Students will take an online final exam after the one (1) day in-person training is completed with an IGP ToR.
- Students will obtain their QISP certification after passing the online final exam.
- QISPs are required to renew the certification on an undetermined schedule at this time.
1141 Sibley Street
Folsom, CA 95630
Bay Area Builder’s Exchange
2440 Stanwell Drive, Suite B
Concord, CA 94520